*THIS REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE US ARMY*
The Army Virtual Recruiting Team of Nashville, Tennessee is currently looking to hire Active Duty and Reserve Soldiers.
The dental specialist is primarily responsible for assisting Army dentists in the examination and treatment of patients, as well as helping to manage dental offices.
- Prepare dental operatory; select and arrange instruments; measure and record temperature, blood pressure and pulse, and assist dentist during patient exams
- Assist with administration of anesthesia, and in placement and removal of sutures
- Prepare restorative and impression materials
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and operate resuscitative equipment
Job training for a dental specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practicing dental care tasks. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Some of the skills you'll learn are:
- Preventive dentistry
- Dental office procedures
- Radiology (X-ray) techniques
- Dental hygiene procedures
- Interest in biology and chemistry
- Enjoy helping others
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to follow spoken instructions and detailed procedures